Personal Injury Case Results
With 26 years of experience as a personal injury trial attorney, Thomas V. Alonzo has secured over $14.5 million in successful personal injury claims for his clients in Louisiana and Mississippi. Mr. Alonzo is also licensed in Texas and Georgia and can litigate multi-state claims involving LA, MS, TX and GA. Whether your claim is resolved by mediation, settlement or a jury trial, Mr. Alonzo has the experience and skill to prepare your claim for the best possible outcome. Please note that past case results do not guarantee similar results in future cases –the outcome of any lawsuit depends upon multiple factors unique to each case. Call Thomas V. Alonzo at (601) 944-1980 in Mississippi or (337) 704-2615 in Louisiana for a free evaluation of your specific case.
Representative Cases Litigated by Injury Attorney Thomas V. Alonzo:
- $4.1/2.8 million — Industrial Accident / Severe Burns. Lead Counsel of Record. Jury Verdict — Ascension Parish, Louisiana. A painter suffered horrible third degree burns as the result of electrical contact with a 13,000 volt power line that was un-insulated.
- $3.5 million — Construction Accident / Arm Amputation and Brain Injuries. Settlement – New Iberia, Louisiana. The safety mechanism on a piece of construction equipment malfunctioned, causing catastrophic injuries to a construction worker.
- $900,000 — Industrial Construction Accident / Severe Leg Injury — Settlement –Franklin, Louisiana. There were conflicting stories as to how this worker was injured, so Thomas V. Alonzo hired an expert in reconstruction to help identify what really caused the injury. At a settlement conference, the defendant offered $600,000, take it or leave it. Thomas V. Alonzo declined the offer and prepared for a jury trial. The insurance company settled the next day for $900,000.
- $890,000 — Medical Malpractice – Settlement –Jackson, Mississippi. Medication/prescription overdose. Loss of balance due to prescription drug error. After multiple defendants agreed to a mediation, the case was settled.
- $900,000 — Injury to a Child – Settlement — Natchez, Mississippi. A 9 year old child fell into a hotel pool that did not have the necessary safety rope and suffered a closed head injury. Mr. Alonzo discovered that the safety rope was purchased subsequent to the accident and the insurance company settled immediately.
- $1.4 million — Car Accident / Brain Injury – Settlement –Lafayette, Louisiana. A young mother suffered a blow to the head during a car collision and fell into a coma and unfortunately remains in a coma to this day. The insurance company settled within 9 months after Thomas V. Alonzo filed the claim.
- $720,000 — Slip and Fall / Construction Accident – Jury Verdict — Eunice, Louisiana. Construction worker stepped on unleveled floor and suffered severe ankle injury. The corporation’s insurance company settled for $500,000 after Thomas V. Alonzo took them to trial.
- $1.2 million– Industrial Product Accident /Severe Back Injury — Settlement — Lake Charles, Louisiana . A homeowner suffered paralysis as the result of using a defective product that was missing a safety harness. Defendants agreed to settlement on the day of trial.
- $495,000 –. Medical Malpractice / Stomach Injuries – Settlement — Lafayette, Louisiana. A 78 year old woman collapsed in her driveway while washing her car. It was discovered that a surgeon failed to remove a surgical sponge from her abdomen during a surgical procedure one year earlier.
- $500,000 — Medical Malpractice / Wrongful Drug Overdose – Settlement– Lafayette, Louisiana. Negligent alteration of medication protocol resulted in wrongful death.
- $645,000 — Car Accident /Severe Leg Injury – Settlement– Lafayette, Louisiana. Injured worker suffered severe right knee injury.
- $360,000 — Rear End Car Collision / Head Injury – Settlement– New Orleans, Louisiana. Injured victim suffered closed head injury as a result of a negligent driver.
- $300,000 — Industrial Accident / Wrist Injury – Mediation – Abbeville, Louisiana. Offshore worker suffered fracture to right wrist.
For assistance with a personal injury matter in Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas or Georgia, contact the accident and injury Law Firm of Thomas V. Alonzo for a free evaluation of your claim. The initial consultation is free and there is no obligation. (337) 704-2615 in Louisiana. (601) 944-1980 in Mississippi.